Candidates have until August 10 to file nomination papers.
(READERS: What issues do you think candidates should address during the campaign? )
County Supervisor, District 4
Supervisor Rose Jacobs-Gibson’s term . The following qualified in June amidst a field of eight for a run-off election this November
- is currently a trustee on the board and is the Executive Director of the health non-profit Teen Talk.
- is a retired San Mateo County Clerk and the former Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder for San Mateo County.
District 1 Supervisor Dave Pine and District 5 Supervisor Adrienne Tissier are running uncontested for their seats again.
The Board of Supervisors also voted to place on November’s ballot to let the voters determine if Supervisors will be elected at-large (the entire county) or just by the voters in the District they serve.
San Mateo County is the only county in the state that currently allows supervisors to be selected by an "at large" system, in which candidates that receive the most county-wide votes are elected.
Member of the State Assembly, District 19
- Michael Breyer is a a San Francisco library commissioner and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer's son.
- Phil Ting is San Francisco's assessor-recorder. He ran for mayor of San Francisco last year.
State Senator, District 8
- Jerry Hill is the current Assemblymember in District 19 and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor and San Mateo city councilman.
- Sally J. Lieber is a former State Assemblywoman from District 22 in Santa Clara County and is currently an environmental policy advocate.
United States Representative
- John Dennis the Republican Party candidate.
- Democrat Jackie Speier is the incumbent for this seat.
Pacifica City Council
The terms of Mayor Pete DeJarnatt and Councilmember Mary Ann Nihart expire in November. The seat of Jim Vreeland, who resigned earlier this year for health reasons, is open too. Today is the first day candidates to fill their open seats can file. The filing deadline is Aug. 10.
Pacifica School District
The terms of board members Eileen A. Manning-Villar and Cynthia Kaufman expire in November. Today is the first day candidates to fill their open seats can file. The filing deadline is Aug. 10.