Last Friday, Nov. 30, the Pacifica Police and <21 COAST (Consumption of Alcohol Suppression Team) Task Force conducted a minor decoy operation in Pacifica and San Bruno, where a minor under the age of 21 years was sent into a licensed Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) premises to purchase an alcoholic beverage.
Out of the 21 establishments in Pacifica and San Bruno that a minor decoy was sent into, three businesses in Pacifica and one business in San Bruno were charged for selling alcoholic beverages to the minor decoys and now face criminal charges and ABC administrative action.
Those businesses — Quick Mart, Ernie’s Liquors, and Quick Stop in Pacifica and Arco in San Bruno — will also face administrative action against their alcohol license by ABC.
These types of decoy operations are funded by a 2012-2013 grant awarded to the Pacifica Police Department and the <21 COAST Task Force by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which is a Department of the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency.
In a prepared press release, the <21 COAST Task Force commends and thanks the following businesses that refused to sell alcohol to their minor decoys:
• U-Save Liquors: 77 Bill Drake Way, Pacifica
• Shell: 95 Bill Drake Way, Pacifica
• Sun Valley Market: 230 Reina Del Mar Ave., Pacifica
• Safeway: 1380 Linda Mar Center, Pacifica
• 7-11: 137 Manor Dr, Pacifica
• Chuy’s Deli: 875 Huntington Ave., San Bruno
• Huntington Liquor: 763 Huntington Ave., San Bruno
• Los Primos: 599 San Mateo Ave., San Bruno
• 7-11: 105 Angus Ave. W., San Bruno
• San Bruno Liquors: 524 San Mateo Ave., San Bruno
• Speedy Spot: 701 Jenevin Ave. #A, San Bruno
• CVS: 10 Bayhill Shopping Center, San Bruno
• 7-11: 2100 Crestmoor Drive, San Bruno
• Lucky’s: 1322 El Camino Real, San Bruno
• Liquor Locker: 185 El Camino Real, San Bruno
• La Dora’s: 604 San Bruno Ave., San Bruno
• Walgreen’s: 333 El Camino Real, San Bruno
The <21 COAST Task Force will continue to conduct operations within their jurisdictions in effort to keep alcoholic beverages out of the hands of minors.