Pacifica Patch is a proud sponsor of the upcoming and first ever Treasures and Trivia of Pacifica competition.
Read more about the event below, but first, let's start off with a little fun - some trivia that will be featured in the competition. (Hint: this will give you a leg up over the other teams.)
Take a look at the photo in the media gallery to the right. Here's the question: Where was this building located and what remains of the building?
Answer with a comment below and I'll let you know who has the correct answer.
The competition will be like the Amazing Race, only it's all local and you will discover things about Pacifica - history, the locations of long-gone historic sites and famous places - that you never knew while visiting many vibrant local businesses, both old and new.
The March 3 event is for a good cause. Proceeds will go toward the Pacifica Spindrift Players, our local award-winning theatre group; Music Matters in Pacifica, a new non-profit that's stepping in where the Rob Schneider Foundation left off to keep music programs alive and strong in our schools; and the Pacifica Library Foundation, which helps secure the funding and volunteer support needed to keep our local libraries cutting-edge.
Participants will have a set amount of time to travel around town answering trivia questions and completing tasks at local spots, which are listed at the bottom of this article.
First place gets $100 in cash, the next two teams will score $75, and third and fourth place will get $25. There are also a bunch of other prizes, such as tickets to the San Francisco Exploratorium and the Berkeley Repertory Theatre.
You can sign up as an individual or as a team from now until March 3 by calling 650-359-7190 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The event costs $35 for a team of four or $10 for individuals.
Treasures and Trivia of Pacifica business destinations
- Grape In The Fog, 400 Old County Road #1, 650-735-5854
- The Hair Factory, 992 Linda Mar Boulevard, 650-359-0190
- Ocean Yoga, 90C Eureka Square, 650-355-YOGA
- Dallas' Place, 699 Oceana Boulevard, 650-359-1552
- Save-More Meats, 74 West Manor Drive, 650-355-3842
- Oceana Market, 200 Eureka Square, 650-359-8181
- Vallemar Station, 2125 Coast Highway, 650-359-7411
- Hair Techniques, 1305 Palmetto Avenue Suite B, 650-355-5954
- Manor Music, 123 Manor Drive, 650-355-57669
- Sonny's Italian Restaurant, 1780 Francisco Boulevard, 650-359-2291
- Prints Old & Rare, Crespi Center 580 Crespi Drive, 650-355-6325
- Pacifica Historical Society, Little Brown Church, 1850 Francisco Boulevard, 650-359-5462
- Pacifica Patch, Online, in the Cloud (We’ll be physically located at the Pacifica Spindrift Players theater)
- Family Martial Arts Center of Pacifica, Park Mall 1037 Terra Nova Boulevard, 650-738-2010
- Florey's Books, 2120 Palmetto Avenue, 650--355-8811
Treasures and Trivia of Pacifica non-profit destinations