Highlights of the agenda for the Special MCC meeting next Saturday, January 26, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Granada Sanitary District Meeting Room, 504 Avenue Alhambra, 3rd Floor, El Granada.
The Council will be discussing and may take action on the following Regular Agenda Items:
1. Public Comment (Anyone may speak up to 3 minutes on any topic not on the agenda. Please fill out a speaker slip. The Council may not discuss or take action on items not on the agenda.)
2. Supervisor Horsley will present his project priorities for the year as well as answer questions from the council and the audience. (9:05)
3. Brown Act seminar by County Counsel (10:00)
4. Government Meeting & Task Assignments (10:45)
a. Review list of government meetings whose actions may impact the Midcoast
b. Review boards/committees with MCC representation
c. Assign MCC routine in-house tasks
Desired Outcome: Council will decide which government meetings are priorities to attend or review agendas. Councilmembers will volunteer for unassigned responsibilities, including an alternate where necessary.
5. Policies/Procedures (11:00) Identify any existing MCC policies/procedures that need revision or clarification. Identify any new policies required, including Treasurer procedures.
Desired Outcome: Council will vote on adopting MCC Treasurer Procedures, and any additional new policies or procedures identified.
6. Public outreach (11:15) Methods to expand or improve meeting turnout, website audience, email agenda list, public awareness of issues, public feedback, and councilmember recruitment. New ideas for use of website, flyers, mailer, greeter at meetings, etc.
Desired Outcome: The council will identify the next action steps which will support the goal of increased community engagement.
7. MCC Annual Budget (11:45) Consider expenditures for the coming year.
Desired outcome: Adopt annual budget
8. 2013 Work Plan/Priorities (12:30)
a. 2012 Project List status - review actions, results, effectiveness, items completed or continuing
b. 2013 Work Plan/ Priorities/ Calendar - continuing projects and new items
Desired Outcome: Building on a review of project and priority management during 2012, council will identify 2013 project priorities and a plan to move them to successful completion.
9. Adjournment (1:30)
Supporting documents can be found on the MCC website:
MCC Facebook Page with updated information:
To receive agendas via email, subscribe to the Google Group “MCC-Agendas” here: