A Pacifica woman who encountered a deadly bacteria illness will live to tell about it.
Lori Madsen has survived a bout with flesh-eating bacteria that nearly cost her her arm and her life, CBS News reports.
She believes she contracted the illness when she scraped herself taking a spill on some asphalt a few months ago.
Madsen told CBS that she immediately sought medical attention when it became apparent her arm was infected shortly after the fall.
The horrifying illness is also called “necrotizing fasciitis,” which is is described by WebMD as a bacterial infection that “can destroy skin, fat, and the tissue covering the muscles within a very short time.”
“I had blisters covering my whole entire arm,” Madsen told CBS.
Madsen told CBS she believes doctors at Seton Medical Center in Daly City saved her life.