Here are some new things and some favorites from year's past all happening at the 27th Annual Fog Fest, this weekend Sept. 29-30.
• New Phone App: Introducing iFogFest. This free smart phone app is available to Android users via Google play. Festival goers will be able to navigate the Fog Fest grounds from first aide to finding band schedules. Thanks to the folks at Phondini, in Half Moon Bay, for making this come together on-time for Fog Fest. You can access the link here, http://bit.ly/ifogplay or, look for the QR Code the weekend of Fog Fest and download it on the spot.
• Parade Fun: We just received word that the Nestle's, Nesquik Bunny & crew will be in the Saturday morning parade that starts at 10 a.m., at the south end of Palmetto. Look for their cool ride and wave to the Nesquik Bunny! Also, remember, actor/comedian, Rob Schneider is this year's grand marshal, and he will lead the troops up Palmetto Ave. In addition, look for the Parks, Beaches & Recreation Department's float. They will be handing out Freebies along the route.
• 30-Year Family Fun Fest Celebration: The Family Fun Fest crew, which includes the Parks, Beaches & Recreation Department, has special fun planned for their 30 year celebration. Look for a display of 30 Funactic tee-shirts on display, birthday cards decorated by the children from the Child Care Program and a drawing for prizes every 30 minutes! In addition, a huge group photo will be taken directing people to create the number 30, in honor of 30 years! Now that is exciting! Family Fun Fest takes place on Sunday, Sept 30 at IBL Middle School between 1 p.m. & 4 p.m.
• Fog Fest Program: Thanks to the Pacifica Tribune for creating our Fog Fest program. These programs were delivered within this Wednesday's Tribune to all subscribers. Don't have one? Look for a copy of the Tribune at your nearest supermarket.
• Fog Fest Apparel & Glassware: New Fog Fest apparel and glassware are now available! Look for the Fog Fest souvenir booth. Want to purchase 2010 & 2011 glassware? E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fog Fest Committee: The Fog Fest Organizing Group is looking for new committee members to join our team for 2013. We welcome anyone interested. For more information visit our souvenir booth. Don't be shy. Look for Facebook & Twitter postings throughout Fog Fest weekend. See you there.