Check out the list of prizes in the upcoming and read more about the competition below, but first, answer our second trivia question (which will be used during the competition on March 3).
Question: Name the intersections in Pacifica where streets named after National Parks come together.
Tell me the answer in the comments and I'll tell you who's right.
Here's the list of prizes that participants will win:
- Two VIP tickets to the San Francisco Exploratorium, a $30 value
- Two tickets to the de Young Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, a $40 value
- Two tickets to the San Francisco Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a $48 value
- One hour and two lanes of bowling at Bel Mateo Bowling
- Two tickets to the California Shakespeare Theater, an $86 value
- $30 gift certificate to Amici's Pizza and Pasta
- Two tickets to the Aquarium of the Bay, a $34 value
- $25 gift certificate to Rusty Hook Bait and Tackle
- Pier 39 package: Four Aquarium of Bay tickets, two hours of parking, two carousel rides and two tickets for a rocket boat ride, a $209 value
- Gift package at Black Oak Casino including $20 in slot play and a $40 food voucher, a $150 value
- Two tickets at Berkeley Repertory Theatre, a $106 value
- Three-month membership at CuriOdyssey on Coyote Point, a $50 value
- Four passes for one show put on by the Pacifica Spindrift Players, a $50 value
- $60 gift certificate at Sam’s Chowder House
- Two passes to a Pacifica Performances production, a $40 value
- Golf for two players on a weekday at Boulder Creek Golf Club, a $58 value
- Admission for two at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco
- Four San Francisco Zoo passes, plus parking and a ride ticket
Competition organizer and Pacifica School District Boardmember Mike O'Neill said yesterday that ten teams have already signed up with more coming, so be sure to join the fun!
More about Trasures and Trivia of Pacifica:
The competition will be like the Amazing Race, only it's all local and you will discover things about Pacifica - history, the locations of long-gone historic sites and famous places - that you never knew while visiting many vibrant local businesses, both old and new.
The March 3 event is for a good cause. Proceeds will go toward the , our local award-winning theatre group; , a new non-profit that's stepping in where the Rob Schneider Foundation left off to keep music programs alive and strong in our schools; and the Pacifica Library Foundation, which helps secure the funding and volunteer support needed to keep our local libraries cutting-edge.
Participants will have a set amount of time to travel around town answering trivia questions and completing tasks at local spots, which are listed at the bottom of this article.
First place gets $100 in cash, the next two teams will score $75, and third and fourth place will get $25. There are also a bunch of other prizes, such as tickets to the San Francisco Exploratorium and the Berkeley Repertory Theatre.
You can sign up as an individual or as a team from now until March 3 by calling 650-359-7190 or emailing email@example.com. The event costs $35 for a team of four or $10 for individuals.
Treasures and Trivia of Pacifica business destinations
- , 400 Old County Road #1, 650-735-5854
- , 992 Linda Mar Boulevard, 650-359-0190
- , 90C Eureka Square, 650-355-YOGA
- , 699 Oceana Boulevard, 650-359-1552
- , 74 West Manor Drive, 650-355-3842
- , 200 Eureka Square, 650-359-8181
- Vallemar Station, 2125 Coast Highway, 650-359-7411
- , 1305 Palmetto Avenue Suite B, 650-355-5954
- , 123 Manor Drive, 650-355-57669
- , 1780 Francisco Boulevard, 650-359-2291
- , Crespi Center 580 Crespi Drive, 650-355-6325
- , Little Brown Church, 1850 Francisco Boulevard, 650-359-5462
- Pacifica Patch, Online, in the Cloud (We’ll be physically located at the )
- , Park Mall 1037 Terra Nova Boulevard, 650-738-2010
- , 2120 Palmetto Avenue, 650--355-8811
Treasures and Trivia of Pacifica non-profit destinations
- , 830 Rosita Road, 650-355-9432
- , 830 Rosita Road
Many thanks to the competition's non-destination sponsors: Corrin Trowbridge Insurance, , and .