While San Francisco abounds with New Year's Eve celebrations, from a fireworks show on the Embarcadero to a multi-stage dance party in Union Square, there's nothing like nothing like staying close to home.
Pacifica's local haunts are offering revelers rock and roll, swanky dinners and tequila shots!
Brother Buzz Band at Mildred Owen Hall
- What: An all ages party featuring a live funk, rock & roll, and rhythm and blues set from Brother Buzz Band (check out a sample of their music here). Along with the performance, a ticket affords you: hors d'ouevres, desserts and a champagne toast at midnight (the latter for 21-and-over ticket holders of course).
- When: From 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Doors open at 8:30 p.m.
- How much? General: $45, Pacifica Performances Members: $40, Youths and children under age 18: $18
- Where: Mildred Owen Concert Hall at 1220 Linda Mar Boulevard, Pacifica. Call (650)355-1882 to purchase tickets.
Dinner and dancing at Moonraker
- What: With two seating times, Moonraker's four-course dinner is perfect for folks looking to eat early and party after or slowly savor surf & turf while listening to live music.
- When: First seating, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Second seating, 7:30-10:30 p.m.; Live music starts at 7:30 p.m.
- How much? First seating: $79 per person, plus $25 for a wine pairing. Second seating: $89 per person, plus $35 for a wine pairing.
- Where: 105 Rockaway Beach Avenue, Pacifica. Call (650)557-7025 for reservations.
Dinner at Barolo's
- What: If you are looking forward to a romantic evening, or even a formal gathering among friends try Barolo's NYE three-course tasting menu, which features several succulent dinner options including Dungeness Crab Bisque and Painted Hills New York Steak.
- How much? $59 per person, plus $25 for a wine pairing
- Where: 404 San Pedro Avenue, Pacifica. Call (650)355-5980 for reservations.
"Tequila Toast" at Long Board Margarita Bar
- What: DJ's will be bumping a mix of house, hip hop and 80's music while revelers take free, unlimited photo strips in a photo booth. Long Board Margarita Bar is also offering a free shot of Patron or glass of champagne to toast 2012.
- When: 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- How much? $15 presale; $20 day of event.
- Where: 180 Eureka Square, Pacifica.
BRAY at Cheers of Pacifica
- What: A bar where everybody knows your name, and a performance from BRAY. The bar host will give a champagne toast at midnight.
- How much? No cover charge.
- Where: 1249 Linda Mar Shopping Ctr., Pacifica.
Wishing you a safe celebration and a prosperous New Year!